Implementing membranes using proxies, and [[GetInheritance]]

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 09:05:35 PDT 2013

Le 11/09/2013 17:45, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 9/11/13 11:23 AM, David Bruant wrote:
>> Can you elaborate on these APIs?
>
> In particular, the API that changes the "current global and effective
> script origin".  That clearly can't be done from a script, since the
> global and effective script origin while a script is running have to
> be the global and effective script origin of that script.
Ok. Just so I'm sure I understand. You're saying that Gecko's
cross-global wrappers could be implemented with ES proxies (with chrome
privileges), but some capabilities can't be exposed to user-land scripts?
This seems normal. In a self-hosted implementation, one would have to
re-implement the notion of "current global" and "effective script
origin" for the content it runs. Of course, the content wouldn't be
exposed all capabilities the privileged content has access to.

What I'm trying to understand if whether there is a design limitation of
the proxies API. It seems that there is none in your case.

David