[[Invoke]] and implicit method calls

Jason Orendorff jason.orendorff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 11:31:26 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Jason Orendorff
<jason.orendorff at gmail.com> wrote:
> (As an aside, exchanges like the above have gotten so frequent they
> are beginning to feel a bit pro forma. I don't mean to sweep all
> performance concerns into one pile here.)

Sorry, I didn't finish writing this.

I meant to make some clever oblique reference to the curious
phenomenon that performance concerns on es-discuss are always
  1) totally sincere and legitimate
  2) brought against proposals that one doesn't care for anyway
  3) dismissed by whoever does care for the proposal (also in total sincerity)

In any case I didn't mean to suggest anything untoward about Allen's
argument, it was just a bit of a joke about our culture around here.

Yeah, never mind. Sorry for the sidetrack.

-j