Promises: final steps

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 10:21:35 PDT 2013

> It's not clear to me why this, or your `Promise.throw`, is better than
>
> ```js
> somePromise.done(...)
> // or
> somePromise.then(...).done()
> ```

Not *much* better, I'd say, but IMO a `done` method which accepts a
callback overlaps too much with `then`, and a `done` method without a
callback just looks like a wart in need of removal.  : )

Visually, to me, wrapping beats capping.  But that's just me.

In the end, I like neither wrapping nor capping.  In my own work I've
preferred to define conditions under which certain rejections are
interpreted as program errors, thereby avoiding the wrapping/capping issue
entirely.  (I can elaborate if anyone's interested.)

{ Kevin }