Promises: final steps

medikoo medikoo+mozilla.org at medikoo.com
Thu Sep 5 02:46:22 PDT 2013

While I can agree that "monitor" feature (that's proposed instead of `done`)
has some benefits, I see it only as an aid for developers that are
inexperienced with promises, or as a fallback for those experienced.
It looks more as a smart add-on, which to be complete can't be implemented
in plain JavaScript, is implementation specific and should be treated as
optional.

What's more important it still doesn't provide developer with full control
of error handling on JavaScript level and that can be achieved only with
`done`.

I have problems understanding why such complex and not natural feature is
favored over something so simple and straightforward.