Propose (originally "request") license change

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 10:29:19 PDT 2013

Le 02/09/2013 18:47, Brendan Eich a écrit :
>> Musical Notation <mailto:musicdenotation at gmail.com>
>> September 2, 2013 7:43 AM
>> What about moving the standards development to WHATWG?
>
> What about it?
>
> You'll need to be more persuasive.
And I guess we're back to my original question: what derivative work do
you (Musical Notation) want to do?
Currently, we have an HTML5 version of ES5 [1]. A tool to convert the
docx ES6 drafts to HTML [2], a compile-to-JS language that's very close
to JS [3] and refers to the ECMA-262 spec.
What else do you want to do and that the current license doesn't permit?

I'm usually a very strong defendant of free licenses and free software,
but I'm puzzled by the current request. The current license has never
felt like a limitation. Can it ever be a limitation?

David

[1] http://es5.github.io/
[2] https://github.com/jorendorff/es-spec-html
[3]