ES6 draft, Rev20 is now available

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 30 12:01:37 PDT 2013

On 10/30/13 2:28 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> All that is needed is to add an @@iterator method whose definition is
> identical to
> http://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-array.prototype.values

Right.  Pretty sure Gecko already ships just that (with a hack where we
use an actual property named "@@iterator", because we don't have
internal symbols in SpiderMonkey yet) for WebIDL bindings with an
indexed getter.

>> The biggest compat issue will be cases that pass { "length": 1, 0: "x"
>> } to a sequence<DOMString> or something, but do people do this in
>> practice?
>
> Those are the sort of objects, that we decided to explicitly exclude
> from spread and for-of.

Sure.  The question is whether we can compatibly exclude them from
sequence<T> in WebIDL.  I expect we can.

Anne, do you want to post to public-script-coord about this, or should I?

-Boris