Novel operator syntax

Tab Atkins Jr. jackalmage at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 17:13:26 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Tristan Zajonc
<tristan at senseplatform.com> wrote:
> Both operators and element-wise operators really benefit from Brendan's
> multiple dispatch proposal.  Julia has used this approach to great effect.
> I'm not opposed to it, but I don't believe there's a compelling need for
> arbitrary infix operators in the technical computing domain.

Perhaps not in the technical computing domain, but Haskell's ability
to turn any function into an infix operator is pretty nice, and
occasionally makes things much easier to read/write as DSLs.  (As is
the opposite - the ability to turn an operator into a function,
perhaps partially applied.)

~TJ