Generic Bundling

Ilya Grigorik igrigorik at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 09:38:09 PDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Jonathan Bond-Caron <
jbondc at gdesolutions.com> wrote:

> You wouldn't get faster delivery with a P2P-like algorithm?
> e.g.:
> Server sends a header:
> Cache-clients: my-neighbor.com:4000, my-other-neighor.com:6000
>
> Some security considerations for sure but your claim that 1 connection is
> optimal is bogus at best.

We're deviating way off the intended topic, but quick comment on this: more
TCP connections does not magically raise your bandwidth throughput. If
there is sufficient capacity between client and server, and no bottlenecks
in between, then yes, 1 connection is indeed optimal - it'll ramp up to
full bandwidth of your pipe and occupy all of it. With that said, back to
regularly scheduled programming.. :)

My actual point, as I stated it in my first post: bundling is a performance
anti-pattern in the context of regular web apps. That's all.