Object.assign and __proto__ property

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 20:40:08 PDT 2013

just one thought on this ...

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick at gmail.com>wrote:

> It may be beneficial, in the long run, to make it painful to use
> __proto__.

proto made IE life painful until now and TC39 decided to leave it in specs
... IE11 had to adopt it to not be left behind 'cause implementors went for
it and some library stubbornly decided that IE mobile wasn't worth to be
considered.

I wonder if we learn anything from this situation that for the whole "still
ES5 compatible" era will have such problem.

But yeah, somebody told me the ship landed already ... you all know the
story of the Titanic, right ?

Best Regards