has the syntax for proxies been finalized ?

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Mon Oct 21 08:34:34 PDT 2013

On Oct 21, 2013, at 7:20 AM, Tom Van Cutsem wrote:

> I agree with your line of reasoning and I would be happy if proxies can be created without `new`. However, I don't see how the above spec disallows the use of `new`. With the above definition, won't `new Proxy(target, handler)` just work? (since the Proxy function just ignores its `this`-binding?)

see http://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-standard-built-in-ecmascript-objects
Paragraph 9:

"Built-in functions that are not identified as constructors do not implement the [[Construct]] internal method unless otherwise specified in the description of a particular function."

Allen