Should String.prototype.split accept variable arguments optionally?

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 13:40:09 PDT 2013

It does break in many ways as also Brendan said.

`''.split(what, ever)`

would break

plus

`"some1,2thing".split([1,2])`

you have no idea what you could find in legacy code ... so whatever a 12+
years old legacy does shold keep doing like that and if you really want to
put your array in there follow Brendan hint and create your own method.

Once again, just my 2 cents