Should String.prototype.split accept variable arguments optionally?

Benjamin (Inglor) Gruenbaum inglor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 10:56:16 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Andrea Giammarchi <
andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> >also, this is the same: `myString.split(/[ -/+]/)`

Yes, that's true, not sure how that works for multi character delimiters.

> maybe it's better to explain those users that knowing RegExp might bring
benefits for their purpose (coding) ?

This is not the first or last thing in a language that is intended to make
life easier for users who are not highly trained professionals. I agree
that the added value is not huge here, but implementation is pretty
inexpensive and I can see people use this.