Scoped binding of a method to an object

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Sun Oct 13 14:50:56 PDT 2013

From: es-discuss [mailto:es-discuss-bounces at mozilla.org] On Behalf Of Benjamin (Inglor) Gruenbaum

> not to mention stuff like `.map` or `.reduce` would still return an Array which would result in more endless wrapping.

This is actually not true as of ES6; ES6 uses `this.constructor` to figure out how to create the returned instance, which means inherited versions of `map`/`reduce`/etc. will automatically return new `XArray`s.

It's quite a clever trick IMO, so we should all thank Allen for pushing for it and doing the spec work to make it possible :)