Scoped binding of a method to an object

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sun Oct 13 11:40:40 PDT 2013

> Till Schneidereit <mailto:till at tillschneidereit.net>
> October 13, 2013 11:28 AM
> And now it causes problem for TC39, browser vendors, sites that use it
> and end users. (The last group should be affected the least because
> the first three groups work together to prevent it, of course.)

I think we agree. My point was that the objections are not definitive,
not axiomatic enough. The costs are born "later" and "by others". This
is a recipe for social ills.

What we do about it is up to us, but just asserting that developers
should stop extending primordials sounds like King Canute to me.