Generic Bundling

Brian Kardell bkardell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 05:25:19 PDT 2013

On Oct 13, 2013 4:40 AM, "Andrea Giammarchi" <andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com>
wrote:

>> However, Russell's counter-argument that fallback in older browsers to
hierarchy, may be too painful, reducing the value as a migration technique.

> this is what happens today with external CDN scripts and/or AMD like
solutions regardless ... if these are not bundled all together, isn't it?

To me at least, the primary difference there is that in that case it is in
the authors hand whereas native feature support is in the hands of the user
agent, creating a potentially huge and unmanageable perf delta in the
short/medium term.