Generic Bundling

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 08:05:36 PDT 2013

Clearly, the end-game is to solve delivery efficiency issues at the
application protocol layer.  Any solution placed in the application itself
is going to be a stopgap.  Inline-modules were one such stopgap.  If you're
going to argue for the need for a stopgap, then you have to answer a couple
of questions:

- Why is the stopgap needed, given that we have a proper solution in the
works? (HTTP 2 won't be fully available for X years, SPDY in practice
requires SSL certificates, etc.)  Numbers are good : )

- What is the cost of having to support the stopgap far into the future?

I'm not arguing either side, just commenting on the debate.

{ Kevin }