Generic Bundling

Jeremy Darling jeremy.darling at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 06:57:28 PDT 2013

HTTP 2.0 will require changes to servers for it to work properly, it will
also require that developers learn a bit more about the pipeline or rely on
some vendor to implement the "smarts" for them.

Asset Bundling on the other hand will provide a quick and easy transition
for most development communities.  Compress everything, update your ref's
and wait for the browsers to catch up, or for your server dev team to work
out push.

You could still push your asset bundle with HTTP 2.0 and achieve basically
the same results as if you bundled all the assets and sent them down the
pipe with HTTP 2.0.

I don't see them as foe's or alternatives to one another.  Quite to the
opposite, they seem to compliment each other quite well.