Generic Bundling

Jeremy Darling jeremy.darling at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 10:50:57 PDT 2013

Personally, I love the concept of <script src="lib/main.js"
ref=”assets.zip”></script> since it allows backwards compatibility if the
client's browser doesn't support packaging.  Older browsers would simply
make the request for lib/main.js while newer browsers would await
assets.zip and then load lib/main.js

The part I would be concerned about (maybe without reason) is compression
algo utilized.  There are enough API's in place that allowed browser
vendors to simply pick their favorite and move forward as is.  The last
thing I want to have to do is embed my cab, zip, lz, 7z, ... file into my
header to support everyone's flavor of compression.

 - Jeremy