Generic Bundling

Jonathan Bond-Caron jbondc at gdesolutions.com
Thu Oct 10 10:30:11 PDT 2013

About Generic Bundling in:
https://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2013-09/modules.pdf

<script src="assets.zip$/lib/main.js"></script>

It could be reworked as:

<link rel="loader" type="application/zip" href="assets.zip">
<script src="lib/main.js"></script>

Simple pattern for packaging web apps where 'assets.zip' might be already available.

For remote fetching, I imagine it would block waiting for assets.zip to be available. Could be solved with something like:

<script src="lib/main.js" ref="assets.zip"></script>

Which would lookup <link rel="loader"> and match ref=assets.zip to href=assets.zip

Either way, I'm curious where the discussion is taking place, w3c?
How does this fit with Ecmascript, System.loader?