FYI: Ecma-404 approved and published

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Tue Oct 8 14:51:36 PDT 2013

If you look at the actual dependencies, it hardly matter as they are upon things that is very hard to image ever changing.

The dependencies are:
    1)The definition of "code point" http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.2.0/ch03.pdf#G2212
    2) the actual code point to abstract character associations for the "ASCII characters" mentioned in the spec.
    3) the UTF-16 encoding algorithm used for non-BMP code points
    4)  ?? is there anything else?

I suspect the version specificity could be removed in the future.

Allen