Generator Arrow Functions

Claude Pache claude.pache at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 09:18:58 PST 2013

Le 15 nov. 2013 à 17:59, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Axel Rauschmayer <axel at rauschma.de> wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> That would make the async programming code more compact, too (I’m assuming a nullary paren-free arrow variant and I prefer the asterisk after the arrow):
>
> To be clear, this preference is inconsistent with all other generator forms where the asterisk is before the params, per Brandon's original examples.

The other point of view is that this preference is consistent with other generator forms where the asterisk is after the token that defines the general role of the construct as a procedure (either the `function` keyword, or the `=>` token). Personally, I tend to read `function*`as a unit meaning "generator function", and so would I for `=>*`.

—Claude