Overriding Map/etc with get/set hooks?

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue May 21 02:52:44 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Ok, that's what I thought was going on.  We can make some other
> function calls which might mutate the Map, just as with any other Map
> that we get from someone else. In that case, my response to Anne
> stands -- why is any spec magic needed at all?

Well basically, you want an object that's a Map for all intents and
purposes, but does a couple of things differently. So e.g. you need a
custom set and all Map operations that use set need to use that new
set. Tab's original message explains that however as far as I can tell
so it's not entirely clear to me what we're missing.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/