Module naming and declarations

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Thu May 16 07:45:40 PDT 2013

(Okay - never using i.e./e.g. again because I can't seem to keep it
straight...)

It is possible to fill that gap without registration syntax using a small
> module loader plugin and a simple multiplexing tool, but I understand the
> desire to make such tooling unnecessary.

FWIW, this is what I had in mind:

https://gist.github.com/zenparsing/5586837

Basically, the tool outputs lexical modules for each input file and then
encodes a data structure at the end of the file which maps absolute URLs to
character offsets, which the translate hook uses to populate a prefetch
cache.  The prefetch cache is consulted in the fetch hook.

Just a quick proof of concept that arbitrary multiplexing is possible
(strictly speaking) without module registration syntax.

{ Kevin }