Module naming and declarations

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Tue May 14 06:25:43 PDT 2013

> That's just an outlandish statement, Kevin. I'm talking making a common
> refactoring semantically equivalent -- a refactoring that's well-motivated
> by a common use case: *programmers* solving their network efficiency issues
> by controlling which modules are loaded when. It's not some magical
> construct that automatically solves network issues.

Sorry.

As far as I can tell, the only use case for module registrations that isn't
adequately covered by lexical module declarations is multiplexing.  Thanks
for pointing that out.  Of course, the general solution for multiplexing of
resources on the web is at the network protocol layer.  That is the
end-game and from my point of view other techniques (i.e. image spriting)
are stop-gaps.

It is possible to fill that gap without registration syntax using a small
module loader plugin and a simple multiplexing tool, but I understand the
desire to make such tooling unnecessary.

{ Kevin }