Introduction, comprehensions beyond arrays

André Bargull andre.bargull at udo.edu
Sat May 11 01:30:28 PDT 2013

> >/  I see that I have a TODO note in 10.5.3 that says "don't create an
> />/  arguments binding for arrow functions".  However, I'm not sure that we
> />/  actually had consensus on that point.
> /
> We never had an alternative that I know of. The wiki went further and
> said 'arguments' is an error; this was based on meeting feedback.
>
> >/   I'm with you on in thinking that  arrows shouldn't rebind arguments
> />/  but I think there may have been some push back on that.
> /
> No one wants arguments in arrows.
>
> The question is, should an outer arguments binding be visible? I think
> so, now that Jason raises the question.

This is a different position from [1], isn't it? The notes from January
[2] as well as [3] might be of interest, too.

[1] https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2013-March/029196.html
[2]
https://github.com/rwldrn/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2013-01/jan-30.md#conclusionresolution
[3] https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2013-March/029189.html