Module naming and declarations

Sebastian Markbåge sebastian at calyptus.eu
Thu May 9 02:42:50 PDT 2013

My biggest concern is that people will assume a certain structure of the
module path. Then they will assume that relative paths and logical names
can be used interchangeably.

E.g. if I'm inside of package "a/b.js" I can access a top level package
using either "../backbone.js" or "backbone". I may even use both patterns
in the same package.

Most of the time it'll work because that file structure is common enough.
That will eventually force everyone to use this file structure if they want
to reuse modules that mix these patterns.

Java doesn't have this problem since there's no reasonable way to guess the
CLASS_PATH nor use a relative path.