Module naming and declarations

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Thu May 9 01:18:10 PDT 2013

> A possible alternative might be to switch defaults, using generic
> relative syntax (<scheme>:<relative>) to keep the two uses apart
> while avoiding having to introduce a new scheme
>
>    import $ from "http:jquery"; // it's a URL, don't mess with it
>    import $ from "jquery"; // it's a logical name, do your thing

Actually, that has a serious flaw for in-browser delivery, in that it
would force naming a single scheme for relative URLs, whereas
the same browser code can be delivered via several base schemes.

So, this option seems out, and I agree that burdening the common
case of logical names with a new scheme (jsp:) isn't nice, either.

Currently, tagging the location refs as URLs (url(<url>)) appeals
most (unless there are conflicts hiding there, too).

Claus