Module naming and declarations

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed May 8 14:14:43 PDT 2013

Kevin Smith wrote:
> I agree with you 100%, of course.

Great!

> That is why, personally, I would rather us provide the ingredients for
> experimentation than try to bake something in : )

D'oh!

By saying "batteries not included", you are telling developers they have
to write a bootstrap <script> element at least. This is a deal-killer
for most people. It's severe "stop energy". It is a mistake.

Can we try to agree on having a sane built-in default, even if we split
syntax inside the string or outside to avoid violating the most holy URL
hand-grenade?