Module naming and declarations

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue May 7 14:18:17 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at annevk.nl> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>>> 0. If we have an absolute URL, skip steps 1-3.
>>
>> How do you define this? We currently do not have this concept really.
>> You could parse and compare if the serialization is equivalent I
>> suppose, but even that would fail to detect certain cases, such as
>> http://test/test\test ... Or http:test which is an absolute URL in
>> theory, but treated identical to "test" if the base URL's scheme is
>> http.
>
> If it's a URI, then it's treated this way. That is, if it starts
> 'scheme:' for some scheme.

I think what you're failing to understand is that there's no concept
as "if it's a URI" within the context of the web platform, so I'm
asking how you'd thought about going about defining that new concept.

Maybe seeing what I meant in action will help:
http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/?%3C!DOCTYPE%20html%3E%3Cimg%20src%3Dhttp%3Aimage%3E

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/