Most current Proxy-as-implemented test suite?

Kevin Reid kpreid at google.com
Wed May 1 14:36:26 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM, David Bruant <bruant.d at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 01/05/2013 22:26, Kevin Reid a écrit :
>
>  In Caja we have several uses for Proxies, some of which involve
>> reimplementing or modifying the Proxy API.
>>
> Out of curiosity, how are you modifying it? for which use case?

Sorry, I misspoke. Not modifying the API, but patching/wrapping the Proxy
implementation to support other SES features.

> If anything, I would recommend to move away from the initial proxy design
> for Caja, because the harmony:proxies API is meant to never see light in
> the spec (and should probably be removed from Firefox).

I agree that this is what we should be doing. However, we currently have to
maintain ES5/3 (our emulation of ES5 on top of browsers that do not
implement ES5, or do not do so correctly) which includes an implementation
of Proxy. It's less work overall if we don't ditch harmony:proxies until we
can also ditch ES5/3.

> Tom Van Cutsem wrote a direct proxies shim that runs on top of current
> browser implementations [4]. If you want to move to direct proxies, it
> might be something to consider.

Indeed.