Module naming and declarations

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Wed May 1 13:02:14 PDT 2013

Thanks James, for your input.  As an aside, I want to make perfectly clear
that I don't think the AMD approach to module IDs is necessary a bad thing,
or that full "http" URLs are necessarily any better for dependency naming.

I am arguing that AMD resolution semantics should not be baked in.

I am arguing that URLs should be the only *default* means of specifying
external modules in the browser, with standard URL semantics.

I am arguing that we should not bake *any* package dependency resolution
strategy into the core module system.  Especially not something as "fuzzy"
as module IDs.

{ Kevin }