Weak event listener

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:28:11 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Domenic Denicola <
domenic at domenicdenicola.com> wrote:

> From: Rick Waldron [waldron.rick at gmail.com]
>
> > TC39 reached consensus on the inclusion of WeakSet, though it needs to
> be designed:
> >
> https://github.com/rwldrn/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2012-09/sept-19.md#weakset
>
> Is this ES6 timeframe, or ES7? I have run into a few use cases for it
> since hearing this, and was hoping it was on-track.

The discussion immediately preceding that discussion indicates that WeakSet
will be a requirement of Proxy:

https://github.com/rwldrn/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2012-09/sept-19.md#proxy-and-private-names

> > Mark Miller proposed semantics for WeakRefs to satisfy security concerns:
> > https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2013-January/028542.html
>

> I assume this is ES7 timeframe, even if it'll be discussed at the next
> meeting?

I don't know the answer to this question, sorry.

Rick