Upcoming talk on ES6 in Russia

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 17:00:14 PDT 2013

On Saturday, March 23, 2013, Axel Rauschmayer wrote:

> On March 30, I’ll hold a talk on ECMAScript 6 at CodeFest 2013 in
> Novosibirsk [1] where I hope to convince people that they have something to
> look forward to.
>
> A draft of my slides is here, feedback welcome:
> http://dl.2ality.com/codefest_es6.pdf

Slide 16

 logHello: function (friends) {
        var that = this;
        friends.forEach(function (friend) {

            console.log(that.name+' says hi to '+friend);
        });

}}

...is a bad example, because unarguably, you're doing wrong: forEach would
use its thisArg. I suggest re-factoring to something more painful, eg.
a constructor that binds an event handler (like a UI component or
similar); creates an interval for itself; provides late-bound,
this-sensitive instance methods.

Slide 17, Arrow Function variants is missing (at least) the single arg
and zero arg form

For Set, you could show that enforces a unique list.

Also, values(), entries(), keys() for map and set?

I'm looking from my phone, so it's possible I missed this: no WeakMap?

Rick