Mutable Proto

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Thu Mar 21 14:12:16 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Brandon Benvie <bbenvie at mozilla.com>wrote:

> On 3/21/2013 1:57 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:
>
>> No 'with' required for SES AFAIK. Do you have a code.google.com link?
>> Cc'ing Mark in case he is not reading es-discuss frequently.

Thanks.

>>>  If I understand correctly, this wrapper code is used for all code
> executed in SES (but I may be wrong): http://code.google.com/p/**
> google-caja/source/browse/**trunk/src/com/google/caja/ses/**
> startSES.js#643<http://code.google.com/p/google-caja/source/browse/trunk/src/com/google/caja/ses/startSES.js#643>

Yes, to implement SES on ES5, ironically we need to use 'with' and
therefore still need to run this bare bit of JS in sloppy mode.

In ES6 we should be able to replace all this by using loaders. SES-on-ES6
should no longer need to run any code sloppily. Once someone has an
adequate loader implementation, let us know so we can try it.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM