Module Interop

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Thu Mar 21 13:38:34 PDT 2013

On Mar 21, 2013, at 12:25 PM, Kevin Smith <khs4473 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ideally, everything will "just work", so that legacy modules can be used transparently alongside ES6 modules.

I disagree with this premise. It shouldn't be ES6's responsibility to auto-detect historical non-ES6 systems. If you want to build such auto-detection into a custom loader, by all means do so. But there are plenty of lightweight ways for programmers to "annotate" their code -- filename conventions, directory structure, etc -- that don't require particularly sophisticated logic to be implemented in a custom loader, and I don't see this as worth the complexity.

Dave