Object.is steps are very thing

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Mar 20 08:17:12 PDT 2013

Tom Schuster wrote:
> I like to disagree. I was quite familiar with the ES spec about a year
> ago and this still confused me. Only because this is pre-existing
> doesn't make the language very clear.

I agree it's a bit awkward learning to read every Clause 15 method spec
in terms of the Clause 15 intro's subtle language about missing
arguments. Kind of a pain, really. But in the interest of a minimal
spec, to avoid redundancy that can then mutate and diverge, making spec
bugs, we generally try to hoist such common "code", if you will.

Do you think a specific change should be made for Object.is, or for all
method specs in 15?