On Scope And Prototype Security

Juan Ignacio Dopazo dopazo.juan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 16:29:27 PDT 2013

2013/3/19 Andrea Giammarchi <andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com>

> @Juan I don't want the complexity of a Proxy, I want objects that inherit
> from my private object so that what changes in my private object reflects
> automatically everywhere.

Maybe you're misunderstanding my example. I'm not returning a proxy each
time, I'm using a proxy as the prototype of all your instances. That way
even though the prototype is accesible with Object.getPrototypeOf(outer),
the untrusted party still can't do anything with it. And you can still
modify your private object and the change is reflected everywhere.

If you did understand it, then what are we missing?

Juan