Where is it specified that new objects are empty, if it is?

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Mon Mar 18 03:40:09 PDT 2013

On 16 March 2013 00:00, Kevin Reid <kpreid at google.com> wrote:
> I'm doing a little maintenance on SES. Chrome has recently added a new
> odd behavior:
>
>> var o = Object.create(null);
>> Object.getOwnPropertyNames(o)
> []
>> Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(o, '__proto__');
> Object {value: null, writable: true, enumerable: false, configurable: false}

That seems to be the old odd behaviour, not the new. On V8 trunk you
get 'undefined' for the latter.

In the process of adopting the new __proto__ semantics, we have
recently changed it to be a magic data property on Object.prototype.
In a next step, we will make it a proper JS accessor property.

/Andreas