get/setIntegrity trap (Was: A case for removing the seal/freeze/isSealed/isFrozen traps)

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Sun Mar 17 11:16:19 PDT 2013

Tom recently suggested that that we really don't need MOP-level or trap operations from freezing, sealing and testing those states.  Also, there seems to be minimal support for having explicit freeze/sealed integrity states or for adding integrity integrity states.  So I'm probably going to go make to an style design.  We'll only have [[IsExtensible]] and [[PreventExtensions]] MOP/trap/Reflect operations.  Object.freeze/seal/isFrozen/isSealed will be derived operations.

Allen