get/setIntegrity trap (Was: A case for removing the seal/freeze/isSealed/isFrozen traps)

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 10:16:55 PDT 2013

Hi,

Allen's latest draft (Rev. 14) contains the change where
[[Freeze]],[[Seal]] and [[PreventExtensions]] have been consolidated into
[[HasIntegrity]]/[[SetIntegrity]]. While no changes were made to the Proxy
API (i.e. no has/getIntegrity traps yet), the definition of
Object.{freeze,seal,preventExtensions} did change, and this is sufficient
to expose an incompatibility with ES5, namely:

Object.isFrozen(Object.preventExtensions({})) // true in ES5, false in ES6
Rev14 draft

I still feel like the consolidation isn't worth this incompatibility.

Allen, could you clarify what your intent is? Is it your intent that this
incompatibility will be fixed with further spec changes?

Cheers,
Tom