Self-recursion and arrow functions

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Sun Mar 17 06:33:25 PDT 2013

Just in case anyone does not realize that this thread is humorous,

    const factorial = n => n>1 ? n*factorial(n-1) : 1;

Yes, you can't use this as an expression. So what? After this declaration
you can use factorial as an expression. Anonymous lambda expressions are a
wonderful things. But in actual development, I have never yet encountered a
recursive function I didn't want to name.

Ok, and now back to our irregularly scheduled humor...

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:19 AM, Kevin Smith <khs4473 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Sorry arrow functions but this isn't a better JS.
>>

> Bah.  Arrow functions are a huge usability win for JS.  Try them- you'll
> see!
>
> { Kevin }

    Cheers,
    --MarkM