ES6: strict versus non-strict

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Sat Mar 16 14:23:35 PDT 2013

Quoting https://github.com/rwldrn/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2013-01/jan-30.md

> Consensus on... Stay the course on spec development approach Class, Modules implicitly strict. Arrows not strict Sustaining our position on the handling of let ambiguities (Note: this is a local consensus).

I’m completely confused about what will work where. I’d love to see an article/blog post/section in ECMA-262 that explains how all of this (strict vs. non-strict, let, function decls in blocks, etc.) fits together. Given that things are still in flux, now might be too early, but once everything has been settled(?)

I could write something on this, but would want to wait until the final decisions have been made and I would need someone that I could ask questions.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de