a future caller alternative ?

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 16:57:42 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Dean Landolt <dean at deanlandolt.com> wrote:

> it's not the same thing as apply, bind, or call -- in each of the latter
> forms you're explicitly handing out the `this` reference capability.
> There's clearly no capability leak as with caller.

I wonder how would you access the `this` reference using `caller` from
somewhere else, exactly, 'cause more I think about above sentence, the more
I realize I really do not understand what are you talking about ...

(function test() {
  function what() {
    alert(what.caller);
  }
  what();
}());

So I've got `test` there, now what about leaking `this` ... how ?