Jan 30 TC39 Meeting Notes

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 21:57:27 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Angus Croll <anguscroll at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for this Rick.
>
> From the minutes, I'm not getting the rationale for banishing let/const
> from sloppy mode.

Are you specifically asking about my "big spiel"? I stated that disallowing
any new syntax (not just let/const) in non-strict mode would result in
stunted adoption and "too many rules" confusion. Despite my belief that
strict mode is the right mode, I also asserted that it's simply unrealistic
to think that new syntax is a big enough carrot.

Important to note that I'm not speaking for anyone that reads or
participates on this list.

Rick