a future caller alternative ?

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 13:59:04 PST 2013

Thanks Mark,
    my point is that "use strict" deprecated things without providing
alternatives.

monocle mustache instead of with is nice to have (unfortunately it breaks
now)

..args instead of arguments is cool too

callee ain't needed since named function expression exists

caller ? As I've said the introspection is just one cool aspect of caller,
new APIs compatible with "use strict" could be something awesome for
developers too.

Thanks to its dynamic nature, is quite easy to wrap all global functions
and all objects functions with wrappers that store the latest invoked
callback somewhere for a global caller but this is a monster against quite
elegant solution caller has been for long time (and I've never had those
problems, I've always addressed caller once, when needed, at the top of the
function and never accessed again so never a problem, IMO)

If this decision could be made with tc39 that's already something ... is
the silence I hear around caller that worries me :-)