What is the status of Weak References?

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Sat Mar 2 10:53:30 PST 2013

On 3/2/13 at 3:47 AM, bruant.d at gmail.com (David Bruant) wrote:

>"I won't say it's absolutely better than WeakRefs and it may
>not apply to the data binding case (?), but it's an interesting
>pattern to keep in mind."

Speaking from ignorance here.

One advantage of the "resubscribe for every event" pattern is
that if the events are generated in one process -- an animation
process is the example used here -- and a message is sent to the
observer in another process, and the observer is slow, the
natural outcome will be to drop frames instead of queue up a lot
of messages pertaining to events that no longer need to be processed.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | When it comes to the world     | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | around us, is there any choice | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | but to explore? - Lisa Randall | Los Gatos,
CA 95032