Internationalization: Support for IANA time zones

Norbert Lindenberg ecmascript at lindenbergsoftware.com
Fri Mar 1 09:21:20 PST 2013

The Internationalization API spec has recommendations for CLDR, but does not require its use. And while CLDR covers the major languages of planet Earth pretty well, there's a long tail of ~6000 languages that it doesn't cover, so we still have to consider what happens when a caller requests one of those.

Norbert