Standard modules - concept or concrete?

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 07:08:52 PDT 2013

> This actually is the sort of thing that can be difficult to check for
> off-line linters, because the use of global variables may depend on
> some staged dynamic configuration that a linter cannot easily see,
> verify, or assume.

That's pretty much true for everything about javascript : )

In my usage of linters for this task (using my own linters of course), I
would have a predefined set of global variables that are "allowed" -
essentially treating the global object as if it were static for the
purposes of linting.

{ Kevin }