Standard modules - concept or concrete?

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt samth at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Jun 19 06:56:00 PDT 2013

First, I meant what I said in my previous email -- that program is a
compile time error inside a module.

Second, the meaning of that program doesn't change in strict mode.  If
the reference is evaluated before the assignment, it's a
ReferenceError even in non-strict mode.  If the assignment is
evaluated first, it will work even in strict mode.

Sam