Conflicts using export *

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Fri Jun 14 01:57:07 PDT 2013

> This is a static error.
>
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Kevin Smith <zenparsing at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Take the following situation:
>>
>>     // M.js
>>     export * from "foo";
>>     export * from "bar";

I am confused: I thought "import *" was removed because, in the
presence of dynamically configured loaders, it would leave tools
(and programmers) unable to infer the local scope without executing
code. Now we have the same issue back via "export *", just need a
re-exporting intermediate module?

Explicit import/export includes hard-coded interfaces that decouple
the importer of such dynamic export changes. Selecting properties
from a module object allows for dynamic import without going via
static scoping. Without the ability to specify static module interfaces,
"export/import *" are different beasts, however, and do not fit into
the statically checked import into static scope picture.

Claus